Support Our Work: be informed, be involved.
The CVHR provides modest means and free legal services to our clients. However, representation cannot occur without the financial and in-kind support from our friends. There are a number of ways in which you can help:
1. Financial Assistance: How your gift helps
On average, it costs $500 to provide the legal services it takes to ensure that one individual client and her children are safe. Compare that to the almost $1,500 that, on average, a perpetrator will spend to fight the victim, a 3:1 ratio. Your donation makes access to legal services for victims possible.
To provide a charitable gift, please donate by clicking below. If you prefer to donate by cash or check, please contact us at Contact@cvhr.org or (317) 610-3427.
2. Volunteers: Your time can make a difference
The CVHR relies on volunteers who provide a significant in-kind match through their efforts. We use volunteers in the following capacities:
- Provision of direct legal services through pro bono attorney assistance.
- Legal Clerkships and Non-Profit Management Internships.
- Research and development of grant proposals.
- Assistance with specific fundraising events.
- Assistance with educational program development and outreach.
- Interpretation and translation.
3. Social Media: Connecting the World
The CVHR uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and our website to raise awareness and educate on the complex issues that surround victims’ and human rights. Please join our discussions and promote your ideas on how we can better build a safer community, locally and globally.
4. Other Ways to Get Involved: Campaigns in your everyday life
CVHR supporters are revolutionizing charitable giving – turning daily actions into ways of supporting victims and the CVHR’s mission.
By selecting Center for Victim and Human Rights as your designated nonprofit at the websites below, actions like searching and shopping online have turned into simple, everyday ways you can support our work.
Each penny adds up to make a difference!